HOW TO MEASURE AN RV MATTRESS
Measure twice, order once.
It is important to be detail oriented when measuring a mattress for your RV, Pop-up Camper or Sprinter Van. Follow these helpful instructions to get the most accurate measurement for a standard radius-cut mattress:
USING A RULER OR TAPE MEASURE*
1. Take a look at where the radius begins and ends
2. Use two rulers or two tape measures to measure where the radiuses start and end. You will want to measure vertically and horizontally across the mattress.
3. Find where your ruler or tape measure intersects, so you can find out the size of the radius.
USING A CARPENTER SQUARE*
1. Find where the radius begins and ends
2. Place the carpenter square at the corner of the curved mattress corner
3. Measure the distance from the corner of the tool to where it touches the mattress side
4. Repeat to the other side, the measurement should be the same on both sides.
YOU MIGHT WANT TO CONSIDER…
Length and width aren’t the only factors you should consider when looking for the right mattress,
however: It’s important to consider the thickness of your mattress as well. Variables to
consider include bedside tables, windows, cabinet doors that open over the bed, and slide-outs that
go over the mattress. If you have less than 6 inches available for your mattress, don’t fret: Our
pocketed coil mattress is specifically designed for those tight situations in your RV, Sprinter Van or
Once you are confident in your measurements and dimensions for your RV mattress, you’re ready to place your order.